The review of the Australian Consumer Law landed earlier this week. Thanks to your support, there were some big consumer wins.
Regulators called for changes to the law so that:
- You can get a refund when an expensive product has lots of small problems (like cars!)
- Businesses will have to sell safe products
- There will be quicker and more effective product recalls
- Unfair contract terms are removed from insurance
- Businesses that break the law will have to pay big penalties.
- From fairer insurance to bigger fines for bad businesses, it’s good news. While we didn’t get everything we wanted, some of these recommendations will go a long way to strengthen your rights as a consumer.
It’s not over yet. We need to keep up the fight to make sure these recommendations become law. So join us in supporting the proposed changes and sign and share our petition to help us show government that consumers care about their rights.
Thanks again for your support!