Electricity from Renewable Energy May Hit 80% By 2030

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Too bad we don’t have lots of fairly flat wide open land drenched in sun. Oh wait! Nothing to stop us except our pollies and their favoured donors and their games.

6 Likes

An interesting article regarding that Australia has managed to use over 50% of renewable energy for total electricity demands today, albeit for only 10 minutes.

1 Like

An article regarding the Federal Government’ discussion paper on Australia’s energy future.

Looks like coal is getting the boot.

Don’t you believe it. In spite of the many words, the words carbon capture and storage continue to be repeated front and centre. My punt is the rest is as close to window dressing as possible and a reaffirmation of their support for fossil fuels into the far distant future. Probably until all the donors, er miners, close shop and move on to something different.

2 Likes

What a surprise…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Solar and Grid Connections

An article regarding calls to massively increase renewable energy generation and manufacturing in Australia.

The smartest thing I have read in a long time.

1 Like

Another article recommending Australia develop a massive renewable energy industry.

1 Like

Shell calls for the UK Government to ban fossil fuel vehicle sales 5 years earlier than currently planned.

Now I have seen everything.

2 Likes

Shell has been selling off many of its oil assets over the past decade, possibly seeing their value will deteriorate in the long term. This ‘news’ could be more about getting their investment decisions realised/getting government policy reinforcement for its own asset decisions to quell investor questions/concerns.

Being in oil is still very much financially lucrative…and I expect investors may ask if Shell has been getting out too early. The UK changing dates may suit Shell rather than been good for the environment.

2 Likes

This government seems hell bent on doing everything it can to route money to their favoured, discredited unproven technology owned and operated by its base at the expense of success. OK, they call routing money to their base as success, so there it is.

2 Likes

Well that would also exclude gas as it’s not a renewable. :rage:
Or have they found a new source of wasted gas in the chamber?

P.S.
Australia is going to exhaust all it’s gas reserves long before 2050 at the current rate of expansion of production. It seems a bit of a dud investment on that basis. Hopefully the last two independent journalists in the nation are onto it?

2 Likes

Well done :laughing:

1 Like

Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Spot on. :rofl:
Natural gas and coal seam natural gas (LNG, CNG) is mostly methane. A colourless, odourless gas that is also lighter than air. It’s not only invisible, it’s near impossible to get a firm hold on. Similar properties to a successful lobbyist some might suggest.

3 Likes