Renault Australia - Renault Alpine Sport MY2018 Recall #3

A recall notice for Renault Alpine Sport MY2018 supploed by Renault Australia as the exhaust valve wiring may not be adequately mounted under the vehicle, and may come into contact with the exhaust. The wiring may melt the duct and then melt the wiring, which may short-circuit the exhaust flap wiring.

Renault Australia - Renault Alpine Sport MY2018

PRA No.

2019/17929

Date published

1 Nov 2019

Campaign number

0D17

Product description

Renault Alpine Sport vehicles equipped with sports exhaust (LIECH1 criteria)
Model Year 2018

61 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.83 KB)

What are the defects?

The exhaust valve wiring may not be adequately mounted under the vehicle, and may come into contact with the exhaust. The wiring may melt the duct and then melt the wiring, which may short-circuit the exhaust flap wiring.

What are the hazards?

If the defect occurs, the vehicle may switch into limp home mode, be unable to start or cease operating while driving, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles will be notified to contact a Renault dealer to arrange for inspection and repairs to the wiring with the preventative wiring repair kit.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.alpinecars.com.au/dealers

Supplier

Renault Australia

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Renault Alpine dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 January 2018 - 27 February 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes

Wow. 3 recalls in one day. They must be on a hat trick.

2 Likes