Reliable Energy Retailer - How to evaluate

Hi folks, I understand there’s been some difficulty contacting Bill Hero, apologies for any frustration this has caused. They are a relatively small company and unfortunately have been affected by some short term staffing shortages that has meant a delay in reply. We understand they are working through the backlog, and if you have any concern you can also send me a DM or email us at ausconsumer@choice.com.au and we will ensure that your message is received.

5 Likes

Thank you @BrendanMays my only concern is whether they will give me my money back!!

3 Likes

Yes, but you look at their website and they post rolling claims that they have just saved Mrs x $y and Mr A $B, at the same time as not responding to emails and website messages. No mention that response times are affected.

E.g.“We just found $1,259.72 savings for Hamish in Mount Osmond, 5064. How much will we save you?”

Not even an email to give some idea of when you’ll hear from them. It’s worrying when you see this and get not even an email. That is until you kick up a stink and then get a message saying they can save you $0

3 Likes

Haven’t got my refund yet. I’ll give them a few more days

2 Likes

I in fact got an email response from them very soon after I posted the previous comment. They apologised for the delay on the grounds of a staff shortage due to Covid, Soon after the apology email I got another with the details of retailers where I can save money on my current plans, for both electricity and gas!! I have taken them both up and will see how this eventuates. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Hi @BrendanMays, even a fairly amateurish company might be expected to put up an auto reply stating ‘short staffed because of COVID. Apologies we are backlogged and hope to reply in X days, but if we don’t please accept we are trying’ as compared to apologising when they finally responded and their customers getting nervous.

Therein seems the problem that they appeared to be live in action at work yet were not really. Maybe they realise that in hindsight, or maybe you could tap them on the shoulder about it if they have a smilar situation in future.

5 Likes

Exactly. Or ideally tell you that before taking your money, so you can decide whether to proceed or hold off. Looking at their FB page this has been an ongoing problem for some time, not just now

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Energy switching options - Bill Hero for CHOICE introduction