Region Coding of Printers and Cartridges and Toners

I have not had any problems with any Win10 updates across 3 computers, 2 similar and one different, but Microsoft heavy handing Edge at us has been irritating to no end, as has the increasing driving toward Bing.

A sad reality is when that happens it is as often with the peripherals vendor as with Microsoft. There are a few posts on the community about that in printer reviews.

I specifically avoid Canon (and for other reasons HP). I had a perfectly good LIDE25 scanner on XP but it was no longer supported on Win7. Canon arrogantly stated it was incompatible. Some sleuthing and I discovered the drivers for another Canon scanner worked 100% fine, but one had to force load them (eg select the drivers manually). Today the same Win7 drivers work fine on Win10, but sadly they too have been declared ‘incompatible’ by Canon.

It seems Canon’s (and some others) business model, not necessarily all on Microsoft. When Microsoft screws up their part they usually but not always eventually fix it. The others?

3 Likes