Real estate agents - ideas sought

I had a chat with the Jenman agent apparently they operate differently from vendor’s advocate. In that I still have a direct agreement with the agent but they charge a reference commission to the agent, where’s with Vendor’s advocate I sign an agreement with Vendor’s advocate and then they find and manage the agents. A bit like a main contractor and sub-contractor.

Don’t use an agent at all.

I would like to see a ‘Tripadvisor’ style review site/app where consumers could rate their experiences of dealing with Real Estate Agents / Agencies when renting, buying or selling. I think there is a great need for this and if it were successful it would do much to increase accountability and ethical behavior in the Industry.

“Open Agent” provide a free service that gives you the contact details of highly recommended Real Estate Agents in the area you wish to buy/sell/rent in. I used them recently and was then able to connect with the most amazing, honest, ethical and caring agent, Neil Robson at Ray White Gladesville 2111.

Oops, just saw this @KalpanaVignehsa!

The block my parents own is not strata-ed (owned in one line). They use the agent for sourcing tenants and collecting rent, but manage the day-to-day of the property, including requests for repairs themselves.

I’ve since moved out into my own apartment but fortunately the people in my new building love taking care of the garden and keeping the place looking nice which is great (as well as having strata take care of things).

1 Like

That would be great for a majority of tenants however people who are vulnerable, CALD, illiterate special needs , mental health etc could possibly slip through the cracks. Tenants Qld and QSTARS may be of help.