Razer Core X Chroma review

A Razor Core X Chroma can boost your computer’s graphics performance. Read our review to find out more about the device and whether it is worthwhile:

4 Likes
  1. That’s a crazy price for a box to hold a GPU
3 Likes

Nice unit but for around $1,100 including the already installed Graphics card GeForce RTX 2070 8GB version(around $780 retail for the card) you can buy a AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box. With similar specs with 3 X USB 3.0 instead of USB 3.1 1st Gen.

Or for $556.63 you can have a Node Pro by Akitio with 2 Thunderbolt ports + DisplayPort 1.2 and while they say it is not meant for Graphics cards it certainly does support them. Sorry @postulative but the link is an Amazon one (a thicker edge of that cheese wedge):

https://www.amazon.com.au/Node-Thunderbolt3-MacOS-Windows-Certified/dp/B077YCR5LC

3 Likes

This link is to StaticIce - but the only Node Pro listed there is a lot more expensive than Amazon’s.

4 Likes

I would just go with the AORUS box IMHO. No fiddling just plug and play. Or maybe the following that has a Thunderbolt port and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 C type port:

3 Likes

@BrendanMays made a comment about the request to test bidet seats.

but this product type might be more niche than even bidet seats, and there appears to be a different level of enthusiasm to cover each.

7 Likes

We appreciate the thoughts on alternative units. If you have a recommendation on this type of hardware, please drop it below and we’ll pass it on to our tech team :+1: .

3 Likes

I wonder if there is opportunity for say a trusted forum or Choice member that uses some of these niche products to give a review of the one they use…say why it was bought and what they looked for, what they have found good/bad about the product and would they recommend it? Choice could get the information and then ‘sexy it’ up for general consumption.

Choice in effect has done similar in the past with some of the car reviews where a ‘lucky’ Choice member gave a practical review for Choice.

This might provide the opportunity for some information of these more niche products to be provided to others who may also be interested in similar products, but without the costs and resources being imposed on Choice.

Food for thought…

6 Likes

Great idea. I’ll put some thought into how we can facilitate this effort.

6 Likes