Questionable food safety instructions

I’m sure I posted this elsewhere - I’m also sure nobody proof-reads the packaging …
(apologies for the fuzzy photo …)

1 Like

Hi, I often buy these types of products from Woolies and reheat a second time. No issues, although I think I’m quite tolerant with food. I’m not an expert, but my understanding about reheating food is minimising bacteria exposure, and minimising the time spent between 5 and 60 deg C. At least that what I learnt for sous vide cooking.

I assume these products are factory cooked in the plastic bag, probably sous vide. And they probably cook at 75 deg C or higher, so that would kill any bacteria at that point, and since it’s sealed and refrigerated it keeps any bacterial exposure or growth minimal.

Reheating at home, any left overs I immediately cover and refrigerate and eat the next day or two, reheating again. Have been doing this over 3 years with various products in the range.

Some of the products instruct to reheat within the sealed bag. This helps avoid the slow cooked meat drying out. If you don’t like the risk of reheating leftovers, then simply remove the product from the bag. Just be sure to reheat it in a covered dish to avoid dry meat.

Again, just my non-expert advice and experience.