Quality Street, Roses, Favourites, Celebrations – chocolate variety box review

Which supermarket chocolate variety box is best? We’ve done the hard work reviewing them for you :chocolate_bar:

Which ones are your favourite? Tell us below.

4 Likes

Personally, I don’t like any of them but my wife and her sisters all used to like Roses until Cadbury changed them.

They certainly weren’t the only ones who no longer like them.

Cadbury revamps Roses chocolates and it’s left a lot of fans unhappy - 9Kitchen (nine.com.au)

4 Likes

A few years ago, I bought a box of Cadbury Roses. I found one of the creamy chocolates inside had a soft liquid that tasted like raspberry & it was fantastic! I bought another box from a different store & they were awful. Over time, I bought more, still searching for that unusual bit of chocolate. I kept that empty box with the mysterious choc. inside & I’m glad I did. Instead of buying loads of boxes of Roses, I just looked on the tiny writing on the side of the box. What I found was that my mysterious heavenly piece of choc. was in a box from New Zealand. Somehow, that box must have gotten mixed up with the Australian ones. If I go to buy the now horrible Roses, I first look to see if it was from New Zealand. If it is, I’ll be the first in line to buy them.
I am really baffled when a product is loved the world over, then someone or some other company buys it, then changes the recipes. Both Roses & Quality Street have pretty much been destroyed since their taste in the '60s. Black Magic was one of my favs, but now they all taste the same, yuk & very dear.

1 Like

Not fond of any of those. for me its Lindt. Sorry.

1 Like