Qld Government Household Resilience Scheme Grants

My wife asked her nephew who operates his own plumbing and gas fitting business to inspect our roof and replace any rusty screws prior to the installation of our solar power and battery system in January.

He said that he was not aware of the Qld Government solar and battery scheme but he was aware of the Qld Government Household Resilience Scheme which we were not aware of.

I spoke with a lady at the department about 3 weeks ago to check if there was still any money left in the jam jar which she advised there was, and she recommended I complete the application form, but when I tried to submit it, I received an error message as our home was constructed after 1984.

However, if any Choice Community members who live in Qld between Bundaberg and the NT border within 50 km of the coast, own or are paying off your home which you are living in, and it was constructed before 1984, and you meet the income requirements, this is a fantastic opportunity to upgrade your home’s roof, garage door, external door, windows or other items to current cyclone standard ratings.

The Qld Government will grant you 75% of the costs up to a maximum of $11,250 and you must contribute a minimum of 25% of the total costs.

Here is the link for anyone interested in applying.

https://www.qld.gov.au/housing/buying-owning-home/financial-help-concessions/household-resilience-program

5 Likes

Thank you for the timely update as the cyclone season has a long way to go this year I think.

5 Likes