PS Importers Pty Ltd - Triumph Street Scrambler MY2019-2020 and Triumph Street Twin MY2019-2021 Motorcycles Recall

A recall notice for Triumph Street Scrambler MY2019-2020 and Triumph Street Twin MY2019-2021 Motorcycles supplied by PS Importers Pty Ltd as misrouted harness wiring may become damaged by the lower lug on main frame headstock when the handlebars are rotated.

PS Importers Pty Ltd - Triumph Street Scrambler MY2019-2020 and Triumph Street Twin MY2019-2021 Motorcycles

PRA No.

2020/18506

Date published

31 Aug 2020

Campaign number

SRAN 584

Product description

Triumph Street Scrambler Motorcycle
Model Years 2019-2020

Triumph Street Twin Motorcyle
Model Years 2019-2021

217 affected motorcycles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (12.84 KB)

What are the defects?

Misrouted harness wiring may become damaged by the lower lug on main frame headstock when the handlebars are rotated.

What are the hazards?

Damaged wiring harness may cause the engine to stall, and increase the risk of injury and death of the rider or other road users in an accident.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted and asked to present their motorcycle to an authorised Triumph dealers to have recall work carried out free of charge.
A new VIN label protector will be fitted to the motorcycle to prevent contact between the wiring and the headstock lug. Some motorcycles may also need a rework of the harness.

To find a Triumph dealer, visit https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com.au/dealers/find-a-dealer

Supplier

PS Importers Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Australian Triumph Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 December 2018 - 17 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.