PS Importers Pty Ltd - Moto Guzzi V85 TT Motorcycles MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Moto Guzzi V85 TT Motorcycles MY2019 supplied by PS Importers Pty Ltd as:

1. The foot rest retaining pins may detach, which may result in the foot rest becoming become loose or detaching.

2. The rear drive oil seal may wear over time due to dust or other contamination.

PS Importers Pty Ltd - Moto Guzzi V85 TT Motorcycles MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18186

Date published

19 Mar 2020

Campaign number

PSR13

Product description

Moto Guzzi V85 TT 850cc Motorcycle
Model Year 2019

73 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Moto Guzzi V85 TT Motorcycle

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN List.xlsx (10.68 KB)

What are the defects?

1. The foot rest retaining pins may detach, which may result in the foot rest becoming become loose or detaching.

2. The rear drive oil seal may wear over time due to dust or other contamination.

What are the hazards?

1. If the foot rest loosens or detaches, the rider may lose control of the motorcycle, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to the rider and other road users.

2. If the rear drive oil seal is damaged or worn, oil may leak onto the rear tyre and potentially cause loss of traction and/or control, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to the rider and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Affected owners should contact their nearest authorised Moto Guzzi dealer to book their vehicle to have an improved pin retainer fitted to the footrest assemblies and an additional dust seal fitted to the rear drive assembly. The dealer will also perform a complimentary seven point function and diagnostic check.

For more information, owners can find their nearest authorised Moto Guzzi dealer at https://www.motoguzzi.com/au_EN/store-locator/?f=all or email warranty@psimporters.com.au for more information.

Supplier

PS Importers Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Moto Guzzi dealers

List of traders who sold this product

Traders list.xlsx

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2019 - 14 February 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.