Print size on product labelling

Wow, that really is some tiny font. They might want to speak to their label designer, highlighting the Australian location is likely to be a selling point for some.

5 Likes

I feel this also applies to instructions/directions making it hard to read - and it doesn’t seem to make a difference when wearing glasses - this small print requires a magnified glass

7 Likes

Many companies have solved the instructions problem by removing all text including language barriers by using pictograms, pictorial drawings/cartoons, and icons :frowning:

I for one struggle with most of them. On balance I have recently discovered Italian English instructions can be equally or more difficult to understand than Asian English instructions, possibly because the latter have become common enough for many of us to develop insights into meanings as intended.

4 Likes

They also often post user guides/instruction manuals on their websites as well which can be viewed and enlarged in a screen. We often use the online/electronic guides as they are easier to search and also keep copies of for future reference.

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at your response
I have seen more pictures replace or sit alongside written instructions and agree they’re not very good.

3 Likes

The Microsoft documentation team has been moonlighting ever since Microsoft cut down help files and eliminated manuals. They keep to the same motto though “Written for those who know all about it by those who don’t”

1 Like

The nutrition panel on most goods has shrunk as well. I am a diabetic and a recovering heart patient so I follow a pretty strict regimen and want to know the contents of a packaged product. It is important to be able to read the panel. I now have to take a magnifying lens with me when I go grocery shopping. This is very annoying and at least doubles my shopping time.

5 Likes

And the contents list as well. OK, I’m getting on but honestly I have to use a magnifying glass to read them. That’s simply age discrimination. I think their research tells them the Millennials don’t care and the only ones that read the fine print are the over 50s so let’s make it as hard as possible to read, saves on ink too :smirk:

3 Likes