PowerPro / WattPro / Voltizer - Electricity saver scams

Looking online, the Voltizer power saver is a reincarnation of the above products and is a sham product. Do not buy it as you will be wasting your money on something which will not work.

1 Like

About the only change that has been made (unless a spelling mistake) is changing the z in the name for an s in the name. Pure scam, the YouTube ad for this device (with a z in the name) is as dodgy as the product itself.

About the only thing it will do is increase the electricity bill for the electricity it uses, the other thing it might do is start a fire as I wouldn’t think it is compliant with any decent electrical standard regardless of what marks the scammers put on the device.

1 Like

Watch this for a laugh and an explanation.

Power Saver Scam EXPOSED!

4 Likes

You should be able to fix that in Safari settings.

Default search choice is a revenue source for browser publishers. Google pays a lot of money for that prime position.

2 Likes

A new and wonderful way to save a fortune on your power bill!
PowerBill
Spray some WD40 into your power points and watch the savings role in.

This has come up on Farcebook mediated games page on and off for days. Don’t tell me they are not aware it is a pure scam.

Why is it labelled AB-70?

The oily residue over time may collect dirt and dust. WD40 is supposedly non conducting, however the dirt, dust and moisture they attract will be. I use it on the car trailer 9 pin plug and socket which is a low 12 volts (low electrical risk) to reduce the corrosion on the pins and sockets.

Is it going to save power in the home? If any power loss at the 230/240V power socket is great enough to be measurable on the electricity bill it will also be hot enough to risk damaging the plug and the socket and 
. If there is any evidence of heat from the wall outlet or the plug inserted to the outlet the cause is very unlikely to be remedied by spraying a cleaner into the socket. I’d stop using the outlet and cable until the local sparky can come and remedy.

1 Like

So it isn’t immediately identified as WD40. But it is the same can down to the spray nozzle and colours.

1 Like

keeps the universe running smoothly - while duct tape holds it together.

I recently was browsing on “EDGE Browser” on the internet. There is an advertisement for “Power Saver”.

The power bill is getting higher, so I thought I’d order it; the FAQs say the product is legal and show images of savings in power.

After waiting for shipping, the item arrives, and I find out that the plug is a European-type plug. Email the company and outline my problem, with attached image photos of their plug vs Australian plug asking what they can do?"

The reply from the company is that Warehouse may have sent the wrong specification - “is it the correct Specification/?” - Clearly, on the INVOICE, it states “Country = Australia” - If the company doesn’t know their specification, it screams trouble to me! They will reissue the correct specification to me absolutely for free. Otherwise, they offer to refund me $50 of the $89.00 original price.

I reply with a screenshot of the ACCC website stating that if a product is not operational as per the description, under Australian Consumer Law - a full refund is permissible. The company replies that I need to return the product but don’t want to make me go to the post office. Would I reconsider? THIS time they offer $70 U.S. I can keep it or I can gift or donate the item to charity.

I took the $70 and promptly binned the item. Being an electronics tech, I decided to pull it apart - retrieved the product from the bin and disassembled the item.

It looks really smart, -After disassembling it, I found that all it consist’s of is a miniature printed circuit board that will run a led (whether safely or not- (unsure)) when plugged in. It has no other electronics to do anything else !

PLEASE do not purchase this item. IT shipped from China, and the exchange rate meant that I lost approximately $30+

Embarrassed that I fell for it
After the fact, I looked for reviews of the item on the internet. I found plenty that says it is a NON-performing item and a scam!..

I have lodged a complaint with Microsoft - Outlining that the product is a scam. It should not be permitted to be sold on their site ( advertising or not)
 BE AWARE.

2 Likes

It is always best to research items ‘too good to be true’ prior to purchase.

There is a similar more in depth topic

1 Like

As you noted it’s a scam.

I could not find that product or anything similar on their Aussie site. Note that web browsers, EG Edge Crome etc, are not responsible for the content that appears within a web page. A browser will attempt to find a web site just like we look up a phone number, and return the content it finds at that reference. It may or may not be what we want. Microsoft has a store for its own products. Are you sure the product was advertised by Microsoft? Otherwise it’s unlikely they can do anything more.

Hopefully the refund is in the bank?
Which asks what other financial and personal details were shared. Was there a third party payment provider, EG PayPal used?

1 Like

@mark_m - You are spot on with the 3rd party. Yes there was a 3rd party finance provider. (BANK)

AS for Microsoft. This maybe so, however if the provider knowingly allows an advertiser to continue to promote a SCAM, ( hence my email) then the platform could there fore be considered an accessory to the SCAM. But I am more trying to let people know what steps I took, and ALERT others to it being a SCAM.

p.s. I could not find either, but it came up last evening, for approx 2 hours ( when I was using the internet)

I cannot see that would Microsoft know what web sites you are browsing or what ads are on them, not can I see how they would keep track of the millions of web sites so as to be able to ban them if they wanted to.

I don’t know about you but I do not think it desirable for them to know everything I look at much less decide which are good for me and which are not. Browsers already contribute to a great deal of data being gathered about us and I don’t want that to increase thanks.

The following may assist with understanding what Microsoft can and cannot control.

Pop up adverts are controllable through the user settings. Details of how to do this are provided my Microsoft, who explains why pop ups may be necessary in some instances.

A second point made by Microsoft,

Microsoft are not promoting a SCAM.
It’s similar to what turns up in the mail in our letter box. The No Junk Mail sticker works, other than for junk mail included in paid post mail. It’s something you can only manage at the delivery end.

I don’t want Aust Post opening all my mail to check for scam content. A web browser is very much the same as the local postie. The internet delivers using the browser, after which one needs to sort the trash from the useful. It’s extremely unlikely the product or advert was promoted by Microsoft.

Are you saying you paid by EFT or was it by CC, and paid to Microsoft (if it was on their site) or was it direct to the supplier? The (BANK) that the payment was made from may offer some further advice if it was the second, just in case the supplier is into more than a dodgy product.

1 Like

My aim was ALERT others- Not can Microsoft for the AD.

However traffic and website information can and is tracked by “ALL major website.” (Although you can subscribe to websites that are not - trackable, what is referred to as finger printing is used).

As for the loss - that is a cost “THAT I WEAR for my foolishness”. Next time I won’t rush into something and “take more care”.(hence my EMBARRASSMENT in the original post) I am not interested in “over Analysing the facts”. Just help others. Thank you.

2 Likes

Why not use a browser that truly supports advert blocking and a good advertising blocker. I basically see no advertising, other than the very occasional Google advert that slips through.

What always surprises me is people don’t seek out people they know that are suitably qualified or technically competent in the discipline of the equipment prior to buying things they see advertised.

An oldie but not a goodie.

And as for electronics techos, there are literally hundreds of Youtube videos and entries on the Net showing techos pulling apart these scam devices and showing it is nothing but an LED flasher.

We all make what appear to be good decisions at the time and learn from those that were not.
It’s all the greater when we are able to learn from the experiences of others, good, bad and indifferent.
Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

This is the article that I refer to Just screenshotted it on the site (5 min)