Powerpal

That would my take on asking for the latest bill too @KW3180. So the app can be set up with the right per usage rates to compute any dollar terms.

As for marketing concerns, Like I stated originally I have had this little beauty running since MAY 2019. And I have never been marketed to, or annoyed by anyone in relation to this Product.

When I get canvassed by anyone I ALWAYS ask where they got my number!

1 Like

For those who are in POWERCOR supply areas
you can also access data from the “network” you need to register at My energy/Powercor and the information is downloaded daily to their website.

Here is the graph of use in 2020 and proof that I changed my power usage with the Powerpal

1 Like

Ausnet Services has a similar website (myhomeenergy) I mentioned in another topic. Start at https://www.ausnetservices.com.au/ to get a login.

1 Like

I got a Powerpal installed 2 weeks ago courtesy of the Victoria government. It is a good idea with a hit or miss implementation. It is a total fail using my Moto G6+ as it cannot keep connected or reliably reconnect to the Powerpal. The troubleshooting process clears cache and storages, de-re-installs, and it goes for another 10 seconds, disconnects, goes for 10 seconds, disconnects, and that is it. It works reliably and as it should on an Oppo R9, both mobiles fully updated.

Its sole ‘smarts’ is counting flashing lights on a meter and it isn’t bad for spot checks. If one does not have solar and wants to track use/consumption it would be good to have. The bluetooth connection is a drawback re its signal range and when solar is ‘solaring’ that little light doesn’t flash often, so not much-to-nothing to measure.

edit: in response to my report about the app

Some devices have software security patches which are creating a problem with connecting a Powerpal device. We always recommend our users to change their mobile phone if any preparing issue or connectivity issue occurs. We are currently working to improve and stabilize our application with some special mobile phone devices.

1 Like

For anyone finding this topic via google, the ‘not user-serviceable’ battery in the Powerpal goes flat after a few years. There is a youtube video (click here) on how to replace it. Not difficult for a handy person who can do the most basic soldering.

2 Likes