Porsche AG - Porsche1 Cayenne MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Porsche1 Cayenne MY2021 supplied by Porsche AG as the clamping nuts on the rear-axle trailing arm may break over the service life of the vehicle, as they may not have been manufactured within specification.

Porsche AG - Porsche Cayenne MY2021

PRA No.

2021/19005

Date published

9 Jun 2021

Campaign number

AMA9

Product description

Cayenne (9YA)
Cayenne Coupe (9YB)
Model Year 2021

92 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN List.pdf (105.4 KB)

What are the defects?

The clamping nuts on the rear-axle trailing arm may break over the service life of the vehicle, as they may not have been manufactured within specification.

What are the hazards?

A broken clamping nut can result in increased movement between the trailing arm and wheel carrier. As a result, vehicle handling may be diminished. This increases the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users, and damage to property.

What should consumers do?

Porsche will contact all affected owners. When parts become available from the middle of June 2021, consumers will be asked to make arrangements with their preferred Porsche centre to have the necessary works carried out and completed free of charge.

Until your workshop appointment, if you specifically notice that your steering wheel is slightly out of line, your vehicle is pulling to one side, or if you hear distinctive noises coming from the rear axle area, please immediately park your vehicle safely and contact the nearest official Porsche Centre by phone. Alternatively, should you require immediate assistance outside of business hours, please contact Porsche Roadside Assistance on 1800 659 911.

For more information, consumers can contact their local Porsche Centre, or visit the website www.porsche.com.au for contact details of their preferred Porsche Centre.

Supplier

Porsche AG

Traders who sold this product

Official Porsche Centres

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 16 September 2020 - 31 October 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.