Porsche AG - Porsche Macan, Macan S, Macan GTS and Macan Turbo MY2014-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Porsche Macan, Macan S, Macan GTS and Macan Turbo MY2014-2019 supplied by Porsche AG as the service cover for the fuel pump can come into contact with the fuel filter flange under certain circumstances e.g. if the rear seats are used. This can result in the fuel filter flange becoming damaged.

Porsche AG - Porsche Macan, Macan S, Macan GTS and Macan Turbo MY2014-2019

PRA No.

2020/18245

Date published

19 Mar 2020

Campaign number

ALA2

Product description

Porsche Macan, Macan S, Macan GTS and Macan Turbo models
Model Years 2014-2019

5328 vehicles affected

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (160.93 KB)

What are the defects?

The service cover for the fuel pump can come into contact with the fuel filter flange under certain circumstances e.g. if the rear seats are used. This can result in the fuel filter flange becoming damaged.

What are the hazards?

If the fuel filter flange becomes damaged, this can result in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may cause a fire. If this was to occur, there is a risk of serious injury to vehicle occupants, other road users and property.

What should consumers do?

A letter will be sent to affected owners advising of how to participate in the recall.
Consumers can also contact their local Porsche Centre. Your nearest Porsche Centre can be found by visiting https://www.porsche.com/australia/dealersearch/
Inspections and repairs will be carried out free of charge.

Until an inspection and repair is carried out, owners of affected vehicles should not use or place substantial weight on the right rear seat. If you smell fuel coming from your vehicle, park it safely and immediately contact your nearest Porsche dealer by phone or by searching for your nearest dealer on https://www.porsche.com/australia/dealersearch/

Supplier

Porsche AG

Traders who sold this product

Official Porsche Centres

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 7 November 2013 - 27 March 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.