Porsche AG - Porsche Cayenne MY2020 Recall. 29.06.2020

A recall notice for Porsche Cayenne MY2020 supplied by Porsche AG due to a production issue with the transmission oil pipe at the supplier’s production line, the integrity of the welded joint may be compromised and cause a transmission fluid leak.

Porsche AG — Porsche Cayenne MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18361

Date published

29 Jun 2020

Campaign number

ALA5

Product description

Porsche Cayenne (9YA)
Porsche Cayenne Coupe (9YB)
Model Year 2020

189 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (186.92 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to a production issue with the transmission oil pipe at the supplier’s production line, the integrity of the welded joint may be compromised and cause a transmission fluid leak.

What are the hazards?

Should the transmission fluid leak occur while driving, the escaping oil could potentially pose an accident hazard for vehicle occupants and following vehicles.

What should consumers do?

A letter will be sent to affected owners advising them to contact Porsche to book their vehicle in for a free-of-charge repair in July 2020, when parts will be available.

Until your workshop appointment, if you notice a leak coming from your vehicle, park it safely and immediately contact your nearest Porsche Centre by phone. If you require assistance out of business hours, phone Porsche Roadside Assistance on 1800 659 911.

For further information, consumers can also contact their local Porsche Centre, or visit the website www.porsche.com.au for contact details of their preferred Porsche Centre.

Supplier

Porsche AG

Traders who sold this product

Official Porsche Centres

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 19 September 2019 - 3 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.