Porsche AG - Porsche Cayenne MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Porsche Cayenne MY2019-2020 supplied by Porsche AG as due to the weakness of a component in the ‘quick connector’ on the fuel supply line, fuel may leak at very high engine temperatures.

Porsche AG - Porsche Cayenne MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18359

Date published

22 Jun 2020

Campaign number

ALA4

Product description

Porsche Cayenne Turbo (9YA)
Model Years MY2019-2020

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid (9YA)
Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe (9YB)
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid Coupe (9YB)
Model Year MY2020

244 vehicles affected

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (208.35 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to the weakness of a component in the ‘quick connector’ on the fuel supply line, fuel may leak at very high engine temperatures.

What are the hazards?

Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may cause a fire. If this was to occur there is a risk of serious injury to vehicle occupants, other road users and property.

What should consumers do?

A letter will be sent to affected owners advising them of the recall and that parts are not expected to be available until the end of July 2020. Consumers may book their vehicles in for a free-of-charge repair after the parts are available.

Until your workshop appointment, if you smell fuel coming from your vehicle, park it safely and immediately contact your nearest Porsche Centre by phone. If you require assistance out of business hours, phone Porsche Roadside Assistance on 1800 659 911.

For further information, consumers can also contact their local Porsche Centre, or visit the website: www.porsche.com.au for contact details of their preferred Porsche Centre.

Supplier

Porsche AG

Traders who sold this product

Official Porsche Centres

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 29 November 2017 - 5 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.