**Poll** - How do you use the NBN?

Read my reply to @margaret.rouse above

Do get your local area involved in an approach to your local council, State member/s and Federal Senators and MPs about the service and getting an Area Switch. [quote=“grahroll, post:13, topic:14546”]
Area Switch:
[/quote]

Fixed Wifi rely on Fibre back to the FAN (Fibre Access Node) or AN (such as the local exchange) for their backhaul, some say that there may be up to no more than 3 hops by microwave transmission to get from your tower to a tower that is supplied by fibre but NBN has so far supplied all towers by fibre from what I understand (this may have changed since I last investigated). Also in your area there is more than enough fibre network to connect all towers. This is partly why I don’t understand why they just don’t bite the bullet and place all the planned Wifi connections on FTTP or FTTC. But as I noted in my reply to margaret an Area Switch would at least give you a much better service, it is worth the effort.

You can choose currently from 12/1, 25/5 and 50/20 by Fixed Wifi but as you state the cost will be more as you ramp up the speed tiers.