Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Ranger XP 1000 and Ranger Diesel Side by Side Vehicles MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Ranger XP 1000 and Ranger Diesel Side by Side Vehicles MY2020 supplied by Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd as vehicles may have been produced with a clutch that was manufactured incorrectly.

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Ranger XP 1000 and Ranger Diesel Side by Side Vehicles MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18305

Date published

17 May 2020

Campaign number

R-20-02

Product description

Ranger XP 1000
Ranger Diesel Side by Side Vehicles
Model Year 2020

248 affected vehicles

Photograph of side by side vehicle model XP 1000

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (49.27 KB)

What are the defects?

Vehicles may have been produced with a clutch that was manufactured incorrectly.

What are the hazards?

An incorrectly manufactured clutch may cause the engine braking feature to not release. In the event that the clutch stays engaged after deceleration, the vehicle may continue to move unintentionally, posing the risk of an accident and injury to vehicle occupants and others.

What should consumers do?

Contact your authorised Polaris dealer to schedule an appointment to have the clutch inspected and repairs performed.

To find a local dealer, visit www.polarisaustralia.com/find-a-dealer/list-view/ or phone 1300 654 142.

For further information, consumers should contact Polaris Customer Service on 03 9394 5671.

Supplier

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Polaris dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 26 February 2020 - 22 April 2020

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.