Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd — Selected Indian Motorcycles (111 c.i.) MY2014-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd — Selected Indian Motorcycles (111 c.i.) MY2014-2019 supplied by Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd as the gear position switch used may provide an inaccurate signal, which can lead to an incorrect gear being displayed in the rider display.

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Selected Indian Motorcycles (111 c.i.) MY2014-2019

PRA No.

2019/17955

Date published

19 Nov 2019

Campaign number

I-19-03

Product description

Chief
Chief Classic
Chief Dark Horse
Chief Vintage
Springfield
Springfield Dark Horse
Chieftain
Chieftain Classic
Chieftain Dark Horse
Chieftain Limited
Chieftain Elite
Roadmaster
Roadmaster Classic
Roadmaster Elite

Model Years 2014-2019

Total of 2 060 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Springfield Thunder Black

Photograph of Chief Vintage

Photograph of chief-darkhorse-pt

Photograph of Chieftain Dark Black

Photograph of Roadmaster Thunder Black Pearl

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (73.25 KB)

What are the defects?

The gear position switch used may provide an inaccurate signal, which can lead to an incorrect gear being displayed in the rider display.

What are the hazards?

Incorrect gear indication during motorcycle start-up can cause unintended movement, increasing the risk of an accident/and or injury.

What should consumers do?

Indian Motorcycle is currently evaluating a comprehensive repair for this recall and will contact consumers when it is available.

Indian Motorcycle will notify consumers of the recall and in late December will write and update consumers on the recall repair timeline.

In the interim, if a gear position concern is identified, or you do not feel comfortable riding your motorcycle, please contact your Indian Motorcycle dealer and arrange for an inspection to be completed free of charge.

If you have questions please contact Polaris Customer Service on 03 9394 5610 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.30pm, excluding Victorian public holidays)

Supplier

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Indian Motorcycle Dealers

List of traders who sold this product

Traders list.pdf

Where the product was sold

Nationally

International

Dates available for sale

• 1 October 2013 - 6 November 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes