Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Polaris General Side by Side Vehicles MY2016-2018 Recalls

A recall notice for Polaris General Side by Side Vehicles MY2016-2018 supplied by Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd as the vehicle fuel flange assembly will degrade over time when exposed to certain chemicals. This may result in a fuel leak.

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Polaris General Side by Side Vehicles MY2016-2018

PRA No.

2020/18623

Date published

19 Nov 2020

Campaign number

R-20-05

Product description

Polaris General 2–Seat Models and Polaris General 4–Seat Models
Side by Side Vehicles
Model Years 2016-2018

382 affected vehicles

Photograph of Polaris General MY2018

Photograph of Polaris General MY2017

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (23.06 KB)

What are the defects?

The vehicle fuel flange assembly will degrade over time when exposed to certain chemicals. This may result in a fuel leak.

What are the hazards?

Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may cause a fire. If this was to occur, there is a risk of serious injury to vehicle occupants, other road users or this may cause property damage.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should stop using their vehicle and contact an authorised Polaris dealer to arrange an inspection and repair.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.polarisaustralia.com/find-a-dealer/list-view/ or phone
1300 654 142.

For further information, consumers should contact Polaris Customer Service on 03 9394 5671.

Supplier

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Polaris Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 28 April 2016 - 8 September 2020

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.