Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Indian (111 c.i.) Motorcycles Chief, Chief Vintage and Chieftain MY2014 Recall

A recall notice for Indian (111 c.i.) Motorcycles Chief, Chief Vintage and Chieftain MY2014 supplied by Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd as an electrical defect may cause unexpected loss of forward lighting, including high and low beam headlights and fog lights. If this occurs, the High Beam indicator will flash on the gauge cluster.

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd - Indian (111 c.i.) Motorcycles Chief, Chief Vintage and Chieftain MY2014

PRA No.

2020/18247

Date published

2 Apr 2020

Campaign number

I-19-02-A

Product description

Indian (111 c.i.) Motorcycles Chief, Chief Vintage and Chieftain
Model Year 2014

487 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Indian Motorcycle

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (71 KB)

What are the defects?

An electrical defect may cause unexpected loss of forward lighting, including high and low beam headlights and fog lights. If this occurs, the High Beam indicator will flash on the gauge cluster.

What are the hazards?

If the motorcycle lighting malfunctions while in operation, it may reduce visibility and increase the risk of an accident or injury to the rider or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should avoid riding at night or in low light conditions until their motorcycle has been repaired.

Contact your authorised Indian Motorcycle dealer to schedule an appointment to have the repairs performed, free of charge. Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done only by an authorised Indian Motorcycle dealer.

For any questions or concerns, please contact the Indian Motorcycle Customer Service Department on 03 9394 5610 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm EST Monday to Friday (excluding Victorian public holidays).

Supplier

Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Indian Motorcycle Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 2 December 2013 - 30 December 2016

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.