Pack Shots - food images vs reality

The cardboard packaging looks more appetiising.

5 Likes

It would have probably tasted better as well.

4 Likes

It looks like it has been eaten at least once already :rofl:

5 Likes

Not a food item but as misleading as I have ever seen.

The image on the Google home page today.

And the actual cave site.

https://archeologie.culture.fr/chauvet/en/discovery#:~:text=On%20Sunday%2018%20December%201994,and%20he%20wanted%20to%20investigate.

Absolutely nothing like the images on the Google home page and about the worst cave paintings I have ever seen.

Two years ago I bought some heat and eat meals from The Good Meal company. Back then, they were pretty nice. How things can change.

Tonight’s bangers and mash…

Advertised on the website:

What it looked like after being heated:

Guess thats another food mob off the list.

9 Likes

I can’t describe this in words…

5 Likes

I have just sent them some feedback:
“ I’m extremely disappointed in the quality of your product these days. The difference between now and 2018 is marked and is absolutely not acceptable. I will not be buying from you again. There is no need to contact me, because there is nothing that could persuade me to eat the over-peppered slop that has been served up this time.”

9 Likes

I can - ‘it looks like it has been eaten before’ … but yes, not appetising …

6 Likes

That was what I was thinking but couldn’t find the right word etiquette like you did. :poop:

5 Likes

An interesting case unfolding in the US - claims that Burger King is engaging is misleading conduct by making its sandwiches appear “…approximately 35 percent larger in size, and contain more than double the meat, than the actual burger.”

4 Likes

It is historic, and they all do it. This one being relevant to the article.

6 Likes

I’ve sampled product from the two larger burger chains recently. I was left wondering if I had extra large feet, hands and mouth for my average maleness. I had no difficulty opening wide enough without an awkward angled yawn to take a quarter sized bite. Holding the bun in one hand it was neatly contained.

Guess I won’t be getting any offers to sub in for the closeup shots. There is a pint sized teenager around the corner who might be a better choice.

P.S.
I remain amazed at how all of the chains can get so many kJoules or Calories into small packages. Corn syrup and sugar are you my friend?

5 Likes

Over here, Hungry Jack’s. They do make them big when something is new, and they are a lot bigger than McDonalds burgers, but theres a definite reduction in size once they have hooked the paying public. They also reduce the quantity of salad doings. I used to love their Aussie burger, but it became a shrunken mess.

4 Likes