No online grocery service for ALDI

We gave up with the online groceries at Coles and Woolworths. Whenever we purchased meat from Woolies online it would have an expiry date of one day. After speaking to various people at different levels of management they all said the same thing, which still makes no sense to me. Apparently people were complaining that the meat expiry dates were causing issues because they’d only get a few days before the meat had to be eaten. So the solution, as Woolworths so cleverly devised, was to only sell meat with a one day expiry date to ensure that customers ate it on the day it was purchased. I kid you not.

A lot of the times with both Coles and Woolies we’d order items that weren’t actually available and we’d either get a substitute that we didn’t like, or nothing. Plus items were always missing that we’d been charged for and we always had to call up to get refunds for the missing content which would take over a week before they’d be processed back into our bank accounts.

As for Aldi not doing online shopping. We live in Tassie, so we don’t even get any Aldi’s. I’d be happy just to see them set up a few regular stores around here that we can walk into.

2 Likes