Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan R52 Pathfinder Hybrid MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Nissan R52 Pathfinder Hybrid MY2019 supplied by Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd as the CVT hose from the radiator to the oil warmer may have been installed in reverse orientation.

Due to stress from straightening, the CVT oil hose may crack and leak. This can result in loss of power, fluid puddles under the vehicle or smoking when the CVT oil comes into contact with high temperature surfaces.

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan R52 Pathfinder Hybrid MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18657

Date published

13 Dec 2020

Campaign number

PC759

Product description

Nissan R52 Pathfinder Hybrid variants only
Vehicles produced between March 2019 and June 2019
Model Year 2019

11 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (9.4 KB)

What are the defects?

The CVT hose from the radiator to the oil warmer may have been installed in reverse orientation.

Due to stress from straightening, the CVT oil hose may crack and leak. This can result in loss of power, fluid puddles under the vehicle or smoking when the CVT oil comes into contact with high temperature surfaces.

What are the hazards?

If a leak occurs and oil sprays directly onto the hot exhaust manifold, this could result in a vehicle fire. This can increase the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Nissan will contact affected owners in writing. Consumers will be advised to contact their Nissan Dealer to arrange inspection, and if necessary, replacement of the hose assembly. The inspection and replacement will be at no cost to owners.

For further information, consumers can contact the Nissan Customer Service Centre on 1800 035 035 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm AEDT).

Supplier

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Nissan Australia Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 30 April 2019 - 18 June 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.