Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan D23 Navara MY2015 Recall

A recall notice for Nissan D23 Navara MY2015 supplied by Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd as the child restraint system (CRS) top tethers may not be strong enough to keep a child seat securely fastened and may break during an accident.

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan D23 Navara MY2015

PRA No.

2021/18943

Date published

7 May 2021

Campaign number

RT047

Product description

Nissan D23 Navara
Model Year 2015

Manufactured in June 2015

73 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (9.08 KB)

What are the defects?

The child restraint system (CRS) top tethers may not be strong enough to keep a child seat securely fastened and may break during an accident.

What are the hazards?

If the tethers break or the child seat is not securely fastened, the child may not be adequately restrained in their seat during an accident, which may result in serious injury or death to the child.

What should consumers do?

Consumers will be advised to contact their Nissan Dealer to organise for the child restraint system (CRS) top tethers to be replaced, free of charge.

Consumers can find their nearest dealership at https://www.nissan.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, consumers can contact the Nissan Customer Service Centre on 1800 035 035 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6:00pm AEST).

Supplier

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Nissan Australia Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 13 May 2015 - 1 November 2017

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like