Nestlé's Milo receives a Shonky Award

I have another shonky award for nestle. Cappuccino sachets with a shaker of chocolate sprinkle. My recent package had the, sachets but not enough sprinkle to top itran out well before finishing up the packet.

. I might even ring nestle amd let them know a number is on tbe packet. I wonder if it might work if i call

1 Like

It might be shonky if you had more than one package with the same perceived fault, but if you were a regular buyer and this was an anomaly it could be a bad batch.

Most companies will arrange a refund or gift card for such customer complaints, whether it is a product problem or a once off, especially when you have the packaging and lot numbers.

That could arguably be a difference in your preference as a consumer whereby they include enough for those satisfied with a light sprinkle. Since the photo suggests there should be plenty for most tastes a pack shot might be interesting should you make another.

1 Like

Actually it has been another time it happened. Maybe its not shonky as you say its just a slight change. Its just i saw the Milo shonky post. Anyhow i can get by. Do you think they would listen if i rang politely to let them know.

Yes. Just have realistic expectations, and ask them to put your feedback into their system. A refund or gift certificate to cover your purchase would be a reasonable ask.

1 Like

Thanks. I will do that. The quality is quite good. Milo on the e other hand is different from what others are saying.

I got a new one to add to nestle drinks. Misleading advertising in my opinion. Deserves a, shonky award

Its shown the content in a coffee mug then the liquid plus the box clearly showing frothy and white just as white chocolate would be. Obviously is nothing like white chocolate. More like yellow flavour water. I’m ditching this one.

3 Likes

Given that ‘white chocolate’ is in no way real chocolate, and that there is no attempt to call it chocolate, but choc, not really a shonky.

It is just a crap product called choc.

2 Likes

The word’s ‘inspired by MILKYBAR’ plus the pack shot would leave me expecting a white coloured product with a milky texture and a sort of creamy texture on the surface. The solid looking zigzag lines on the top suggest even more than just a flavoured powdered milk product.

Agree with @Gregr the ‘hot choc’ labelling (subject to a check of the ingredients) is a far fetched claim. If it contains white chocolate (cocoa butter) it might still need a court to decide whether the use is misleading or in context is ……

Worth a shonky nomination @BrendanMays if it could go to the review team?

3 Likes

I even feel like ringing nestle to give my personal opinion. The chocolate version is, quite good. I purposely chose the chocolate version as it was given a high score. Some things are maybe left as the original meaning the white chocolate instead of as a hot drink… Im not sure if it has been tested by the testers. Maybe some people like it and some don’t. It would be interesting to see scoring if it was tested

2 Likes

Food Standards Australia have a definition of “chocolate” that is quite specific. I cannot see any definitions there about products called something a bit like that such as “choc” or “chocky”, so it seems you can use similar names on anything you like according to them.

In my experience “choc” has been used to describe a sweet product that the vendor wants you to think of as like chocolate, that does not fit the definition of chocolate, for decades and this is nothing new.

From the ingredients list of the Milky Bar drink there is no component of the cocoa bean present at all. The same applies to the eponymous “Milky Bar” the solid confectionery.

“Inspired by Milky Bar” looks to me to be quite accurate if you find sugar, various fats, emulsifiers and milk products buzzed up together inspiring. If you want a creamy frothy drink not so much according to @passerbye123 .

3 Likes

I will pass on this nomination to the Shonkys team - thanks for nominating @passerbye123 (and sorry to see the hot drink, certainly doesn’t look too visually appealing).

3 Likes

Did you mix the powder with milk? The text on the package (in the jug) says “Make with milk”. It looks very watery in the picture with the yellow liquid.

2 Likes

I may have misread directions. I have made it with a small portion of milk combined with the hot water still seems to be yellow looking. I would have thouit would be like white colour it tastes ok enough.

If i compare the white chocolate its not the same and it is not frothy as described or shown on the packaging. Adding some milk makes it slightly better tasting. Im still undecided if i would buy again.it does have a vanilla flavour. Maybe it is hard replicating the chocolate bar. I noticed that the chocolate version of.

The aero version is quite good it has froth on top of drink when made bit the milky one has no froth at the top as, shown on my image. The package clearly shows froth. Anyway it tastes palatable with milk as, directions say.

1 Like