Nespresso capsule offer silently rescinded

Nespresso sent me a ‘personalised’ marketing offer in mid-March offering six sleeves of coffee if I bought 400 capsules. The transaction had to be made by 29 March. I made the purchase, but now they say they withdrew the offer in mid-March as it was too popular and I am not entitled to the free capsules (worth approx $45) on a transaction worth $315. The terms and conds on the promotional flyer does not say the offer is subject to withdrawal.

Anyone else been caught out wit this one? I’m waiting on a call back from the manager.

3 Likes

Did they indicate why the offer has closed early?

I wonder if it may be due to COVID-19…maybe Nespresso closed its Australian operations making it impossible to fill orders.

Let us know what the manager says.

3 Likes

I was told the offer was too popular. I will clarify with the manager when they cll me back :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @caro

Reality is companies sometimes err in marketing programs and refuse to own up to it.

If the original T&C did not state ‘could be withdrawn at any time’, ‘for the first 1000 claims’, ‘good while stocks last’, or some such, I agree it reads like misleading marketing especially noting you stated you received the offer ‘mid-March’ and they claim it was rescinded ‘mid-March’. If they continue to deny honouring it, it would be worth a formal complaint to Nespresso in the first instance using the Australian Consumer Law complaint template, and if you continue to be fobbed off follow up with your state fair trading agency with copies of your emails to Nespresso and their responses, and real time notes for all phone conversations (time, date, who, substance of conversation, any promises made or rejections stated).

Good luck,

6 Likes

Thanks so much, will do.

5 Likes

Thanks The BGB and phb,

Nespresso never called me back so I sent a very politely worded email based on the suggestions put to me and other Choice resources, and Nespresso have called me now to offer me my free coffee.
It all ended very amicably, and I feel happy enough continuing a relationship with them, which is great seeing that their pods were reviewed pretty well by Choice a few days ago!

Thanks again Brains Trust. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are welcome, and thanks for filling in the ending. It is always nice to hear good outcomes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done on keeping persistent and getting a admirable outcome from Nespresso.

1 Like