NDIS recipients sued by service providers

I’m a 43yr old NDIS Participant who read the recent Choice Article on Participants being pursued (topic deleted by our services for unpaid invoices and I’ve got to tell you that I agree with the Services!
For many years we have sought to become Empowered and now that we have the opportunity to take charge of our Care Package Funding and associated care plans, some of us are now flying the helpless disability flag screaming blue murder for being held responsible for our actions!
I believe we can’t have our cake and eat it too!
My budget is and has been in a small surplus every care plan review timeframe and I never get any praise for it, not do I want any either for I believe I’m doing what should be the standard best practice!
In life the hard truth is that we make decisions for ourselves and our lives and those decisions and real life outcomes and consequences!
NDIS Participants like myself can’t pick and choose just the good bits of being Empowered without taking on the not so nice bits as well.
if we want a free disability support services marketplace where we have custom power, then we as customers in that marketplace need to know that we can’t purchase what we aren’t able to pay for, it’s simple buyer & seller dynamics!!!
I’d say it’s what having “Real Choice” as Customers is all about in the NDIS!

​ ​ ​ ​

1 Like