Name the Digital Privacy category

CHOICE is introducing a new section of the community, introducing a forum for discussing issues dealing with digital privacy. This will help CHOICE to have a better idea of what issue we are facing as consumers, and help it to ensure our voice is heard.

The new section needs a name, and CHOICE is keen for suggestions. If you have a great name that’s just waiting to be used, now is your chance. Please post it in this thread, and depending on the number of suggestions we’ll have a poll.

5 Likes

Keep your bits private

7 Likes

Don’t let them see your bits

6 Likes

“Privacy piracy”…

6 Likes

Peeping Madtoms…with the madtoms having a ‘sting in their tail’…

4 Likes

“Digital Privacy - What’s that?”

5 Likes

Is there something wrong with “Digital Privacy”?

8 Likes

To what extend is it considered that privacy and digital privacy overlap for the purposes of this kind of discussion? It’s hard to imagine a generic privacy situation without a digital factor of some kind … it seems to me that for practical matters they could be synonymous, but in a purely theoretical or policy sense maybe less so … still … it’s early and I’m only on my second coffee …

privacy pitchfork
privacy omelette
privacy pretense
privacy circus

3 Likes

“Big Brother”  

6 Likes

“Relax in a state of surveillance”

4 Likes

Yes. That’s why we even need a category for it. :rofl:

6 Likes

We can play it straight if the Community chooses :slight_smile: Once everyone has had some time to make submissions, we’ll run a poll.

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 Likes

Hold that thought then. What’s the outcome we need?

‘How (NOT) to share everything’

2 Likes

Load & Lock.

Lock & Load.

2 Likes

‘SAVE’ might be more PC than “LOAD” in that example?

Although load/loaded can mean so many different things depending on context.

2 Likes

Who’s looking at my bits?

5 Likes

‘Privacy Bytes’

(Fill for twenty char)

5 Likes

Well done on all the suggestions, any one of them could easily be the new category name. As is our custom, we’ll now ask you all to vote on your favourite. We’ll announce the winner early next week!

• Keep your bits private
  • Privacy piracy
  • Peeping madtoms
  • Digital privacy - What’s that?
  • Digital privacy
  • Privacy pitchfork
  • Privacy omelette
  • Privacy pretense
  • Privacy circus
  • Big Brother
  • Relax in a state of surveillance
  • How (NOT) to share everything
  • Load & lock
  • Lock & load
  • Who’s looking at my bits?
  • Privacy bytes

0 voters

2 Likes

Thanks for the contributions all. In the end, I we took the long way around to the simple answer - here is the new Digital Privacy category.

As for the above names, we are looking to expand this category, so there may be some future segments where we can use the creative :slight_smile:

3 Likes