Multi-Cookers review

I notice a few Multi-Cookers (combined Slow Cookers and Pressure Cookers) are available eg Kambrook, Phillips, Tefal and wonder if Choice has tested and reviewed them? If not could a test be done on them?

4 Likes

Member content:

5 Likes

Thank you for the link :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve got the Brev - never done slow cooking but the other functions work just like a bought one …

3 Likes

Here’s our updated multi-cooker review (2019).

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. We have purchased one and find it quite useful but the cleaning afterwards can be a bit time consuming to ensure good cleanliness of the appliance. Is ease of cleaning tested? And for the seals are they easily damaged and thus need frequent replacement?

I know the issues may just be trivial and so not worth comparison but it is something we later reflected on when we had used our unit.

2 Likes

That comment is appropriate to any appliances. My coffee machine has rigidity ridges in the drip tray requiring a careful soft brush to clean - how hard or more expensive would it be to cast a smooth surface that can be wiped? The oil bowl in the rotofryer is easy to clean but the lid and chassis have an almost immeasurable number of nooks and crannies that collect oil that need to be cleaned and few are shaped to make it easy. The handles on many pots and pans are riveted to the bases and have rounded crevices that beg oils, fats, and residue to build up until it rises to a level a brush will touch (some are convinced built up fats add flavour and old cast iron products suggest it might be true, but for the rest?).

Many Choice tests state there is weighting to cleaning but details are not specific. I suspect Choice testers may have become overly tolerant of the pervasive poor designs re cleaning and routine maintenance and focus on performance, while we consumers just have to deal with it.

3 Likes

We’ve reviewed the Instant Pot multi cooker:

2 Likes