Mobile Phone Misbehaviour

My husband has a Samsung mobile phone. The phone calls people (usually me) without any intervention from a human. For example, he picks it up to move it and the phone will call someone from the contacts list. Weirdly, his previous mobile did the same thing (also a Samsung I think).

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If yes, what can we do about stopping it? There is a setting in the phone that calls him back if he misses a call and the caller leaves a voicemail message - I wonder if there is a similar setting that has been activated and is now misbehaving.

All suggestions gratefully accepted - thank you.

4 Likes

Yes, and is often caused by bumping the screen on the smart phone which causes the phone to call.

To prevent this occurring, make sure that you have a locked screen or password to activate the phone.

Other solutions can be found here:

7 Likes

Thanks. Have sent the link to my husband. Let’s hope he finds the answer there.

4 Likes

Set up a passcode if you haven’t done so! Ensure the touch screen is reasonable clean. Newer smart phones are bit sensitive. I use an iPhone 6s as soon as pick up the phone or any form of movement like running with phone in my pocket the screen comes seems to always come on turn it’s self off.

My previous phone an iPhone 5 the screen will wake up when I either press the home, volume, power buttons, switch on silencer or until someone rings me or notifications alert.

5 Likes

The Samsung Galaxy 9 and other phone models have a direct call feature. You simply need to put the phone to your ear, perhaps just wave your hand over it or simply place it in your pocket.

There might be other causes. This is the most likely.
From time to time updates of any model of phone introduce new features and change default settings. We are not always informed of what has really changed, or perhaps we are in a way that we don’t relate to. There is so much to learn.

How did we ever make a phone call without?
Rotary dial seems not so bad after all. :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks Mark - we’ve turned off the Direct Call feature and wait to see if anything changes.

5 Likes

Update - thanks to all who responded. We found the direct call feature and turned it off. No more nuisance calls since then.

Cheers

4 Likes

Great result for you and Thank you for reporting back as it also helps others to know what works and what doesn’t.

3 Likes