Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited - Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019 recall

A recall notice for Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019 supplied by Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited as due to incorrect installation, the genuine accessory towbar wiring harness (where fitted) may allow liquids to contact the electrical circuits. This may cause the harness and its surrounds to overheat, burn or catch fire.

Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited - Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019

PRA No.

2020/18203

Date published

12 Mar 2020

Campaign number

010164 & 010165

Product description

Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton
Model Years 2015-2019

102 616 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (1.18 MB)

What are the defects?

Due to incorrect installation, the genuine accessory towbar wiring harness (where fitted) may allow liquids to contact the electrical circuits. This may cause the harness and its surrounds to overheat, burn or catch fire.

What are the hazards?

If the tow bar wiring harness or its surrounds burn or catch fire, there is a risk of injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Mitsubishi Motors Australia will write to affected owners and advise them to present their vehicle to their preferred dealer to have the vehicle rectified, free of charge.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/customer-assistance/locate-a-servic…

For more information, consumers can contact Mitsubishi Motors Australia on 1800 931 811 or their preferred dealer on 1300 131 211, Option 2, Option 2.

Supplier

Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Mitsubishi Motors Australia dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 3 February 2015 - 2 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.