Milk cartons

Many milk cartons are impossible to open using the recommended method

8 Likes

Big thumbs up from me. They don’t leak (I’ve had plastic milk bottles leak on my car seats :unamused:). They’re also way better for the environment as they can be made from renewable resources and the whole carton can be recycled in most cases.

6 Likes

I used to find that with Dairy Farmers HeartActive 1L cartons but now if they don’t open properly, I squeeze much harder further down from the top and it works every time.

I do occassionally find one that leaks from the base, and by Murphy’s Law, only after it is in the fridge so as to provide a shelf to clean up.

4 Likes

Hi @Rosie, welcome to the community.

It’s been a while since I got milk in cartons, did not have difficulty opening
them then, but am aware that now they make things ever harder to open, I guess, to avoid spills.

I buy long life milk and with those cartons there’s a cap to twist for opening, and also I can see a foil under that but find that it’s always already broken. :thinking:

5 Likes

Hi Rosie

Welcome to the forum.

Could you please provide some more information as to why it is so hard for you? What is the issue? Is it strenght, arthritis, or something else, or is it merely ithe cartons just doesn’t open properly for you?

I don’t know if you have seen it, but here is an Australian Youtube tutorial on how to open a milk carton.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

LOL.

The new Tetra auto-cracking (Helicap 23) caps are a big improvement over the former pull tabs. The failure rate (breaking on opening or not opening) has reduced dramatically.

This website shows how the new Helicap 23 work…

4 Likes

Thank you so much for that @phb!
Greatly appreciated :grin::grin: !

4 Likes