Microwave with Griller

Does anyone have a microwave with a griller. Not a convection microwave cooker, Does the grilled work well Thanks

4 Likes

We use a Panasonic NN-CF770M inverter microwave which has a griller and fan-forced convection oven. I’m quite happy with all the functions, regularly making toasted cheese with the griller, cakes and bread with the oven, and occasional use of the microwave for reheating soups, making cheese etc.

6 Likes

Thats good to know. I am still in the market for one of these, good to hear a genuine positive report. I always worry about the reviews on (for example) the Appliances Online site, or productreview.

5 Likes

We have an AEG microwave with a 1000W griller element at he back of the m/w. (It doesn’t have any convection oven component.)
We don’t use the griller at all. Tried it a few times and gave up. It has only a very limited capability.
As the food on a plate rotates, it only spends an third of the time under the grill element. Food on the middle of the plate misses out completely. So, even cheese on toast, on the edge of the plate, takes far too long.
We wouldn’t recommend this type of microwave with griller.

5 Likes

I have often thought about getting one, but the catch has always been that the gap specified around them to disperse the heat from the griller oven safely, is just too large for the space we have available to install it. So we are reduced to grilling in our 900mm oven, which we don’t because it is a ridiculous waste of energy and makes too much of a mess.

3 Likes

We have a Breville Quick Touch Crisp andGrill. This is a brand that I do not usually recommend but this appliance would be an exception. We are onto our second one over many years . The current one is 5 years old and possibly near it’s use y date but still working well. We use the crisper and griller settings most days. The crisper plate with legs places the food closer to the grill element so cheese melts well. I use it to roast small amounts of vegetables regularly rather than heat up a big oven. The settings make it very easy to use. It will not last as long as an appliance like a Miele but it is 1/3 of the price.

3 Likes

The one that Gordon recommended is a flatbed, I think it would be OK. If I coudnt get a flatbed I would not bother with a new microwave oven at all.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the recommendations everyone, please keep adding them to the comments. We also include eight microwaves with grills in our review (member content), you can use the ‘Features’ filter on the left to isolate these models.

1 Like