When microwave ovens first introduced to Australia all cookware suitable for the microwave was labelled " microwave safe" You could even test what you had to see if it was microwave safe – Meaning the contents the plate or bowl heated up but the plate /bowl did not.
In recent times I have both Maxwell Williams Crockery and Casa Domani Crockery - both labelled microwave safe - but certainly are not microwave safe — when used for heating up they overheat yet the contents remain cold to barely warm.
Curious to know your thoughts and what safety standards are in place.
Does safe mean – won’t explode as opposed to overheat and burn your fingers !!