Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz VS20 Vito MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz VS20 Vito MY2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the head restraints of the rear bench seats may have been installed in some vehicles with the head restraint bars of a different bench seat and/or head restraint variant.

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz VS20 Vito MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18270

Date published

1 Apr 2020

Campaign number

RC2762

Product description

Mercedes-Benz VS20 Vito
Model Year 2019

14 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (28.14 KB)

What are the defects?

The head restraints of the rear bench seats may have been installed in some vehicles with the head restraint bars of a different bench seat and/or head restraint variant.

What are the hazards?

If the incorrect head restraints have been installed, this could increase risk of a neck injury and/or whip lash for rear passengers should an accident occur.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz retailer for a vehicle inspection and free of charge repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit www.dealerlocator.mercedes-benz.com.au

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 2 December 2019 - 31 January 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Wow 2 Mercedes Benz recall in a single day.

Must be about time to give Mercedes Benz their own dedicated recall column so consumers don’t have problems finding other recalls amongst the proliferation of Mercedes Benz recalls.