Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 MY2018-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 MY2018-2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the vehicle’s rear axle steel leaf springs may not meet the required level of strength during operation and may break during use.

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2020/18192

Date published

8 Mar 2020

Campaign number

RC2754

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30
Model Years 2018-2020

127 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.58 KB)

What are the defects?

The vehicle’s rear axle steel leaf springs may not meet the required level of strength during operation and may break during use.

What are the hazards?

If one of the springs breaks, the driver may not have full control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of an accident and injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a vehicle inspection and replacement of the rear axle springs, where necessary. Repair is free of charge.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.dealerlocator.mercedes-benz.com.au/

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 3 December 2018 - 10 February 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like