Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia Pacific - Mercedes-Benz Marco Polo Camper Van MY2017-2018 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Marco Polo Camper Van MY2017-2018 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia Pacific Pty Ltd.

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd— Mercedes-Benz Marco Polo Camper Van MY2017-2018

PRA No.

2019/17736

Date published

6 Aug 2019

Campaign number

RC2683

Product description

Marco Polo Camper Van
Model Years 2017-2018

154 affected camper vans

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (15.78 KB)

What are the defects?

The metallic components under the roof bed mattress may corrode in humid conditions.

What are the hazards?

If the metal components corrode, this may weaken the roof structure and stability of the body.

If the hinges corrode, they may break and pose a risk of injury to the user.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are requested to contact their most convenient authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.dealerlocator.mercedes-benz.com.au/

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 2 April 2017 - 31 October 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes

Wow another big ticket item from a brand that markets itself on quality and that quality is a fail. Maybe too many cost saving measures or too many design fingers in the pie so that important things like having a safe bed to sleep on miss the checks??

2 Likes