Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz X Class MY2018-2019 Recall. 30.09.2020

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz X Class MY2018-2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as there may be leakage from a hydraulic line connection on the steering gear, which may result in the gradual loss of steering hydraulic fluid.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz X Class MY2018-2019

PRA No.

2020/18551

Date published

30 Sep 2020

Campaign number

RC2818

Product description

Mercedes-Benz X Class
Model Years 2018-2019

6 116 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (109.68 KB)

What are the defects?

There may be leakage from a hydraulic line connection on the steering gear, which may result in the gradual loss of steering hydraulic fluid.

What are the hazards?

In the event of a complete loss of steering hydraulic fluid, the steering assist function would cease completely. Although it would still be possible to steer the vehicle while driving, the steering will require more effort to operate, increasing the risk of an accident and injury of vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge repair. An additional relay circuit will will be installed to avoid an increase in electrical resistance.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Wow. With multiple recalls for the same models, I now had to date this one to post it.