Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz VS30 Sprinter MY2018-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz VS30 Sprinter MY2018-2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the brake hoses may contact the rear part of the fender liner of the front axle while driving the vehicle, causing anything from chafe marks to worn out brake hoses, resulting in leaking brake fluid.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz VS30 Sprinter MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2020/18397

Date published

14 Jul 2020

Campaign number

RC2777

Product description

Mercedes-Benz VS30 Sprinter
Model Years 2018-2020

5 279 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (243.5 KB)

What are the defects?

The brake hoses may contact the rear part of the fender liner of the front axle while driving the vehicle, causing anything from chafe marks to worn out brake hoses, resulting in leaking brake fluid.

What are the hazards?

If the brake fluid warning lamp is ignored, the braking distance increases as a result of brake fluid loss. This increases the risk of an accident or serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz retailer for a free of charge check and repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 11 October 2018 - 1 May 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.