Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Vans MY2018-2021 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Vans MY2018-2021 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as brake fluid may leak internally at the rear axle brake caliper over time. As a result, air may enter the rear brake system.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Vans MY2018-2021

PRA No.

2021/18970

Date published

23 May 2021

Campaign number

RC2870

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Vans fitted with an electric parking brake
Model Years 2018-2021

2,882 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (60.56 KB)

What are the defects?

Brake fluid may leak internally at the rear axle brake caliper over time. As a result, air may enter the rear brake system.

What are the hazards?

Air in the brake system would lead to increased rear brake pedal travel and reduced braking performance, increasing the risk of an accident resulting in injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer to arrange an appointment for the required software update.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 8 August 2018 - 22 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like