Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans MY2018-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans MY2018-2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans MY2018-2019

PRA No.

2021/18832

Date published

19 Feb 2021

Campaign number

RC2776

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans
Model Years 2018-2019

4 176 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (77.73 KB)

What are the defects?

The operator’s manual misrepresents some of the situations that lead to automatic engagement of the park position “P” (Auto-P function).

The park position is engaged automatically only if the engine is switched off in transmission positions “D” or “R” or if the driver’s door is opened in this transmission position while the vehicle is at a standstill or moving at very low speed.

The operator’s manual incorrectly describes that the park position automatically engages when the seat belt buckle is released or when getting out of the seat while the vehicle is at a standstill or moving at very low speed. These actions do not lead to automatic engagement of the park position.

What are the hazards?

This incorrect description of the functions could lead to accidental incorrect operation, which may result in an increased risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer to obtain a free of charge supplementary booklet.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 28 August 2018 - 23 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.