Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz GLB MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz GLB MY2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the rear spoiler located above the tailgate may have been manufactured outside specifications. The upper shell of the rear spoiler may not have been welded or may have been welded incorrectly to the base. The upper shell may not be sufficiently connected to the base.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz GLB MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18693

Date published

15 Dec 2020

Campaign number

RC2825

Product description

Mercedes-Benz GLB
Model Year 2020

348 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (30.32 KB)

What are the defects?

The rear spoiler located above the tailgate may have been manufactured outside specifications. The upper shell of the rear spoiler may not have been welded or may have been welded incorrectly to the base. The upper shell may not be sufficiently connected to the base.

What are the hazards?

If the rear spoiler has been welded incorrectly, parts of the rear spoiler may detach while driving, increasing the risk of an accident and/or injury to other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge check and repair if required.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 11 May 2020 - 31 July 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.