Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz G300 MY2011-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz G300 MY2011-2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the contacts of the steering column switch may be impaired by sand settling on the contacts, leading to increased electrical resistance.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz G300 MY2011-2019

PRA No.

2020/18552

Date published

29 Sep 2020

Campaign number

RC2790

Product description

Mercedes-Benz G300
Model Years 2011-2019

2 909 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (64.98 KB)

What are the defects?

The contacts of the steering column switch may be impaired by sand settling on the contacts, leading to increased electrical resistance.

What are the hazards?

The heat caused by the increased resistance could lead to deformation of the plastic plug housing of the head light contacts. This may lead to their separation, resulting in the headlights failing. If the headlights do not work, there is reduced visibility for the driver of the affected vehicle when driving under low light conditions. In addition, the vehicle will be less visible to oncoming traffic. These conditions will result in an increased risk of an accident that could lead to injury or death of vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge repair. An additional relay circuit will will be installed to avoid an increase in electrical resistance.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 3 January 2011 - 30 January 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Wow. A massive 16 days since the last Mercedes recall.

If you have one, better steer clear of any sand.