Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz G 463 Series MY2018-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz G 463 Series MY2018-2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the wiring harness may not be installed correctly on the front doors, resulting in individual cables being damaged whilst opening and closing doors.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz G 463 Series MY2018-2019

PRA No.

2020/18308

Date published

21 May 2020

Campaign number

RC2761

Product description

Mercedes-Benz G 463 Series
Model Years 2018-2019

155 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (33.19 KB)

What are the defects?

The wiring harness may not be installed correctly on the front doors, resulting in individual cables being damaged whilst opening and closing doors.

What are the hazards?

If cables are damaged, the following may occur (depending on which cable is affected):

• the side airbag may not deploy or there may be a delay in deployment
  • in the event of an air bag deployment, emergency services may be automatically notified of the incorrect affected seating position in the car
  • the door may not automatically unlock in an accident.

If any of the above occur in the event of an accident, there is a risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz retailer for a free of charge repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 August 2018 - 31 March 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Wow. 2 recalls in 2 days. Looks like the 7 week long Mercedes recall drought has definitely been broken.