Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz C63, C63s, GT63s and GLC63 Passenger Cars MY2018-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz C63, C63s, GT63s and GLC63 Passenger Cars MY2018-2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the software of the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) control unit may be incorrectly programmed for the type of brake in the vehicle.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz C63, C63s, GT63s and GLC63 Passenger Cars MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2020/18566

Date published

7 Oct 2020

Campaign number

RC2812

Product description

Mercedes-Benz C63, C63s, GT63s and GLC63
Model Years 2018-2020

1140 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (42.49 KB)

What are the defects?

The software of the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) control unit may be incorrectly programmed for the type of brake in the vehicle.

What are the hazards?

Incorrect programming could lead to an inappropriate ESP intervention in some driving situations, increasing the risk of a crash or injuries and death of vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 August 2018 - 16 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.