Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz A, B and CLA Class with M282 Petrol Engine MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz A, B and CLA Class with M282 Petrol Engine MY2019-2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as engine oil may escape from the turbocharger oil feed line, leak onto the underfloor panelling and from there onto the road.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz A, B and CLA Class with M282 Petrol Engine MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18612

Date published

28 Oct 2020

Campaign number

RC2819

Product description

Mercedes-Benz A Class (model series 177), B Class (model series 247), and CLA Class (model series 118) with a 4-cylinder M282 petrol engine
Model Years 2019-2020

101 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (27.05 KB)

What are the defects?

Engine oil may escape from the turbocharger oil feed line, leak onto the underfloor panelling and from there onto the road.

What are the hazards?

Escaping engine oil may come into contact with hot components in the engine compartment and a fire may result. In addition, oil leaking onto the road would increase the risk of an accident for other road users. Either of these consequences could increase the risk of an accident and injury or death of vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge inspection and repair if required.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 December 2019 - 31 March 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.